Why is the KETO Diet so popular? It’s because of the amazing benefits that can achieved from following a low-carb, high-fat, and moderate-protein diet.
And it is delicious - yes, you can have bacon! You can expect to lose weight, get better mental focus and clarity and a see a positive effect on overall health.
Barrington residents, Hailey Rowe, Certified Nutrition & Behavioral Change Specialist and Cara Kretz, local Food Blogger, LIVING60010 Food Contributor and cookbook author are offering The KETO Diet Workshop & Lunch on Saturday April 7 for anyone who wants to learn about the KETO Diet and get some easy and satisfying KETO recipes. This is your chance to learn from the experts.
The goal of a KETO Diet is for your body to reach “ketosis”, a metabolic state in which you efficiently burn stored energy in the form of body fat and ketones. What most people don’t know is that your body and brain can use glucose or ketones for energy. Ketones are better because they metabolize more quickly than glucose and provide MORE energy to our cells. Common benefits of the KETO diet include weight loss, better mental focus and clarity, decreased sugar cravings, and a positive effect on overall health such as an increase in good cholesterol, lower triglycerides & reduces inflammation.
At the workshop you’ll learn:
- The difference between good fats and bad fats
- Common misconceptions about the ketogenic lifestyle
- How to make a high fat, low carb, moderate protein diet sustainable and cyclical
- Everything you need to know about Bulletproof Coffee and exogenous ketones
- How to personalize the ketogenic diet to fit your needs and lifestyle
- 30-Day Menu Plan
Enjoy these KETO-approved dishes for lunch and learn the recipes:
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Chicken Stuffed With Cream Cheese and Wrapped in Bacon
- Turkey Avocado Club On-The-Go
- Cloud Bread
- Peanut Butter Cups