- This event has passed.
What to do in a Mental Health Crisis
October 3, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
What to do in a Mental Health Crisis… YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
Navigating the mental healthcare and legal systems can be confusing and stressful for
any family in the midst of a crisis. Join National Alliance on Mental Illness at the Barrington Library to learn how to best utilize the support systems available to you.
Their panel of experts such as first responders, mental health clinicians and an assistant
state’s attorney from the mental health court system will provide insights and share
helpful tips, strategies and solutions.
You will learn:
- Communication and intervention techniques to de-escalate stressful and potentially
- How to have the “best” possible outcome when you call 911
- Where to turn for sustainable solutions to prevent future crisis
- How the legal system can assist in getting treatment for a loved one who won’t accept
- How to maximize ER visits and treatment programs